Gummies for Gut Health? Yes!
These homemade gummies are made using Vital Proteins Gelatin from grass fed, pasture raised beef. There is no flavor to the gelatin, so you will not be able to tell it is gelatin from beef. Gelatin contains collagen, which is beneficial to our bodies in many ways, including for our joints, bones, hair, nails, and gut.
These are definitely not your kids’ gummies. Though, your kids would certainly benefit from these gummies as well! My kids don’t love the flavor of this particular recipe, but it would be easy to add a little honey, to make this more kid-friendly, if you are looking to share with your kiddos.
Easy Peasy Gut Healthy Blueberry Gummies
You Will Need:
- 1 cup fresh organic blueberries
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar (preferably organic)
- 1 cup water
- 3 T. Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- Place blueberries in a small or medium size saucepan with lemon juice, water and Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Bring just to a boil and turn off heat.
- Place contents of the saucepan in a blender. I used my Magic Bullet. A hand blender would work just fine, too. (If you use a hand blender, just make sure the sides of the saucepan are tall enough so that the hot liquid doesn’t splash out.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the Vital Proteins gelatin to the blender 1 Tablespoon at a time, blending thoroughly between each addition of the gelatin.
- Carefully pour the liquid into a silicon mold, ice cube tray or glass dish. (I used a silicon ice cube tray, you might need a couple trays, depending on how much liquid your molds hold.)
- Let cool and set in the refrigerator about 30 minutes.
I store mine in a zip lock bag in the refrigerator, but I bet they’d be fine in a container in a cupboard or pantry, too.
Have you made gelatin gummies before? What did you think? Leave a comment below or email me here.